Home Our Ministries Special Announcements Calendar of Events Prayer Requests Contact Us

Our History

In 1893, Mr. George H. Maginiss decided to donate one acre of land to build a house for public worship and for the purpose of conducting religious services. On May 23, 1893, under the leadership of the Reverend Clinton Snead, who served faithfully until his death, our ancestors said, “Upon this rock we will build our church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it,” thus, the St. Rosa Primitive Baptist Church was founded.

After a few years, Reverend Dock Crawford was installed as Pastor of St. Rosa Primitive Baptist Church in 1907 and served until 1917. The Reverend D. Garland served from 1917-1924 and in 1924 the Reverend George H. Wilson, Sr. became pastor and served until 1927. From 1927-1929 the Reverend Richard Banks served as Elder of the flock. He was followed by the Reverend L. Vaughn, who served faithfully for three years. In the year of 1934, Reverend George Henry Wilson, Jr. was elected as Pastor and served 52 years. He was truly a man of God, a great leader and shepherd. Under the leadership of Rev. Wilson, the Deacons and Mother/Deaconess Boards were organized. Also, under his leadership many improvements were made to the church. Reverend William Foutz prayerfully served as pastor from 1987 until 1995. In 1998, our present pastor, Elder Johnny E. Randolph was elected and is working diligently to fulfill the vision of St. Rosa growing closer and stronger, together in the Lord. Under the leadership of Elder Randolph, many improvements have also been made to the church.

Although the past founder, Pastors and members maybe gone, they are not forgotten, for they left their footprints in the sands of time. And if they were present today, they would say along with us, “Through many dangers, toils and snares, we have already come. T’was grace that brought us safe this far and grace will lead us home.”